Saturday, August 2, 2014

CA Death Penalty system takes a lifetime - District Judge rules it unconstitutional

Aug. 2, 2014.
Today's visit was very good! Kerry is strong and has a great heart; even after 19 years on the Row she hasn't given in to despair! We talked about how it will be when she comes home, that made us smile!




Raymond Reyes, Kerry Lyn Dalton, Victoria Thorpe
Visiting Aug. 10, 2014


California's Death Penalty Is Unconstitutional, But The AG Won't Give It Up

SAN FRANCISCO — Aug 21, 2014, 7:20 PM ET
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — California's attorney general said Thursday she will appeal a federal court ruling that called the state's death penalty unconstitutional.
The announcement by Attorney General Kamala Harris came after U.S. District Judge Cormac Carney in Los Angeles ruled last month that the state's death penalty takes too long to carry out, and that the unpredictable delays are arbitrary and unfair.
Harris, however, said the amount of time it takes to execute an inmate in California ensures inmates receive due process.
Continue reading the entire article here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/21/california-to-appeal-death-penalty_n_5698479.html?utm_hp_ref=crime




3 comments:

  1. I am posting the message below because I edited out personal contact information:

    Message: THE SLOW ROAD....

    Hi.. Last time I wrote was before Christmas ..2 years ago. I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THEY STILL ARE TWIDDLING THEIR THUMBS...I am writing another letter. to them,,..Remember I told you that I only heard vaguely about your story, but I had newspapers from my daughter's date of birth 03/28/1995? Your story was on front page of East County News...from 3/28/1995
    .And your sentencing date was my birthday..5/23...The story itself made me know something was not right. The article containing both my daughter, Maya's, and my birthday, is a sign from GOD...that this MUST BE righted...THEY KNOW THEY ARE WRONG..THEY NEED TO ACT...IT IS awful THAT THEY FIND IT OK TO DRAG THEIR FEET,,..I AM TALKING TO GOD ABOUT IT....THE ONLY OPTION IS RELEASE FOR YOU...IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE..ANYONE SHOULD
    SEE THIS ..THEY SHOULD NOT BE SO CONCERNED ABOUT THE CONSEQUENCES THEY MAY RECEIVE BUT RATHER BE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR NEEDS... I ADMIRE YOU FOR PATIENCE, YOUR FAITH, AND YOUR STAMINA..I COULD NOT DO IT..YOU ARE VERY BRAVE...GOD IS ON YOUR SIDE... SINCERELY, Nancy and Maya

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...But she helped 2 others torture & murder someone. I don't understand why you think she should walk free?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Melonee, I would ask you to think about your statement; have you read the FACTS listed throughout this blog, have you looked for facts on your own, or are you making this statement according to the conviction record or what little media you can find on this case?
      It will be easy for you to access information on the 154 people exonerated from death rows through out the U.S. These are innocent people who once had convictions which stated they committed heinous acts - however the facts finally were recognized by the system and now they are free.
      I would invite you to think for yourself and to add up these realities - convictions DO NOT necessarily mean truth.
      One excellent source for you would be the appeal for Kerry sitting in the Supreme Court right now (waiting to be read for 6 years now). It lists over 450 pages of facts as to why this conviction is false and this case never should have come to trial.
      Please let me know if you would like more sources or have any questions based on facts.
      Thank you for your comment.

      Delete