Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day Seventeen and 1/2 of Journey For Freedom, November 1st, 2012

Started Day 17 1/2 back in Old
Town

Walked in local NBC, was asked to email
them story idea


I arrived at San Diego Superior Court around 11: 45 AM, greeted enthusiastically by Jenny and her brother Frank, JoAn walked with me from Old Town. 


Looks like an air-conditioner, right?!



The channel 10 news vehicle was parked at the curb, so we were hopeful! But alas they were covering another story inside--probably a worthy one, I just wish they would also realize how worthy ours is.

We then tried talking with the people passing and entering the court, we had some success, but also a lot of brushoffs and glares. 

One man spoke up quickly, "That's a no brainer; don't risk killing anyone innocent and save money, what more do I need to know?" Yes! That's what I'm talking about! 

Two women were moved to sign cards for Kerry, and asked many questions.

 Frank told me how to file my petition at the clerks office. We took it upstairs and requested it be submitted to the chief justice. They would have taken it, but let me know the jurisdiction Kerry's case was moved to the California Supreme Court, so it needs to go to San Francisco.


Not only am I disappointed in the general public of Southern California and San Diego, but also in my fellow activists in this area, everyone is so caught up in their daily grind and distractions of goals, seeking self comfort. Seems everyone wants weeks to prepare, but then the opportunity passes...
I am disappointed, disillusioned, dismayed, disturbed, and ultimately depressed. The US receives a "D" for human evolvement, or involvement? In this case it is both terms to me.





I took these photos to help me express the sick feeling of the hypocrisy going on. They are beautiful sentiments, and necessary ideals; but evidently just window dressing.

See the scales of Justice; why
are they uneven...?












How ironic enlightened thoughts should adorn the building directly across the street from the San Diego Superior Courthouse--they are just a reflection, there's no depth to their proclamations.




You may be taken aback by my words; I don't mean to burn any bridges, or even anger anyone by my assessment, however I do hope to push a few buttons, I do hope to motivate participation in our world. Get off your butts and do something about the conditions and issues you bitch about, I am just one voice and will not stop crying out to the wilderness about the injustice carried out on Kerry Lyn (and myself, by stealing my sister from my life). I will see it through to her liberation and continue to reform the system. We need your voices too! You can make a better world.

I had a wonderful time on this Journey; doing good and right is a fantastic feeling! You will feel the same, too.  

"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good." Thomas Paine

May your hearts be melted and joined with all of mankind. As a woman I met shared in her viewpoint with me yesterday; we are all worthy, all equal, all of us could be in Kerry's place. I can only add; we all have injuries, we all need love and healing. Dare to look in those eyes of a stranger and see yourself.

Peace to you all, truly, from my heart.
Please send me extra positive energy tonight, I need a boost before Kerry calls me, I need to help her be strong and keep her will to survive. 

Namaste', Torrie










Jenny treated me to a Peter Murphy
concert on 31st. He was great!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment