Saturday, September 14, 2013

Peace Journey Day Twelve

Today we walked 12 miles. Four at Lake Easton, and eight miles hiking the forests around Denny Creek. We went up to the waterfalls, and then over to a natural granite slide in the creek. Half the hike was uphill...ugh, my legs are aching..it's on to North Bend tomorrow.


Denny Creek









































































Day 12 of the 18 1/2 day Peace Journey and the trio is finding their rhythm: a punchy dinner comprised of most everything left in the boxes, followed by s'mores over the propane burner, then a few crazy photos as we let off steam.
Now Adam is carving sticks while Jaimie strums the guitar to her favorite tunes (Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd, & Dixie Chicks).
I am pondering the mysteries of being human. I think of my sister living on death row, and I think of my sister living in Spokane...
It's a strange world: what concerns us?
What makes life real, valuable, worthwhile?
Nothing is more valuable than compassion; we each hold our own key to our personal freedom.

May peace be yours, may your heart find compassion for all humankind.
My love to all of you, as imperfect as it is, I offer it to everyone.

Namaste'.


Our sore tired feet after 12 miles (mostly uphill!)


Adam has a piece of Maple tree, Jaimie local mushroom
(I mean a marshmallow)


Fake stogie & fire marshmallow

Now we are really over the top!

Jaimie "Excuse me, this woman is in my vocal space."

The Trio is getting goofy from fatigue

It can't be only 6:50 pm!






























































No comments:

Post a Comment