Monday, October 22, 2012

Day Eight of Journey For Freedom, October 22, 2012

Today began with the drive to Downtown L. A. again, the destination was Loyola Law School. I got lost easily because of all the sights that distract me. I had left a voice message and email with Loyola Law School professor Alexandra Natapoff. I just heard back from her today in an email saying she and her students were all booked up, but she is looking forward to reading CAGES (Ms.                                                                 Natapoff is the author of Snitching). 













Next I parked at Griffith park for more walking. Then I met with Lincoln in Pasadena, an attorney with a law firm that represents those discriminated against, seeking fair treatment and justice. Lincoln is Carol's son; the Carol who proposed the idea of a "walk" for Kerry. It was very good to meet with him, even though we had little time, we filled it with talk of Kerry Lyn's case. Thank you both Lincoln and Carol for your time and concern (sorry I forgot to take photos). Next I headed to West Hollywood to meet up with Melody, who is hosting me tonight. I walked from her apartment building down to Hollywood Blvd and back. When I turned in my dead phone at the UPS store on Hollywood Blvd, the two employees were friendly and curious about my walk and Kerry's case. They were both shocked and saddened for me and my sister. They will definitely vote yes on 34! It was a comforting conversation, but again I forgot to request a photo--I get carried away when people want to hear more--but I did take shots along the walk back and got to meet this beautiful child and mother, who were happy to pose! What a sweetie! 

Tomorrow, I walk towards Longbeach. In the evening I'll be sharing Kerry's case at the downtown ACLU building with volunteers making phone calls to inform folks about Prop 34. I will be volunteering on the phone, also. Wish us luck!

Let us use our resources to create peace--real lasting peace cannot be gained by violence. 
(By the way--I thought my body would be used to walking by now-- but nope...)

Peace and good evening, 
From all of us!


Click on the letter below to read what Kerry wrote to her supporters before the walk.













For all you dog lovers; including Corin, Kerry, & Mary‏

Kerry & I plan on a motorcycle trip when she gets out, you think we can ride this...?‏


No comments:

Post a Comment