Monday, October 15, 2012

Day One of Journey For Freedom, October 15th, 2012



I drove to CCWF to do a little walking and pray for all the residents and people who work there. As I drove onward to Fresno, I played the CD Pam Larratt gave me Friday before I left; she wrote an amazing song based on Kerry's case as she read CAGES. How special! I tried to bring a copy of the lyrics to Kerry Lyn yesterday, but they didn't allow it, so I'll mail her the lyrics.

The refrain to Pam's song is:
No matter how far she goes, no matter how long she's gone,
You'll never forget your sister's smile;
She was standing in the pouring rain, you waved at her from the window pane,
"Sister, I'll see you in a little while."

Pam will sing the song at the Unitarian Universalist Church Sunday Morning, November 4th and I will be speaking about Kerry Lyn and the others who need to be seen and heard as fellow human beings.

I forgot to take photos for most of the day...Sorry.
Channel 47 in Fresno came to the gathering my new friend Maria Telesco organized at the Fresno Center for Non-Violence. Lou from channel 47 shot more than ten minutes of interviews and interactions; the station ended up showing about thirty seconds--half of that was me walking through Fresno. It's a start!

I met three Richards at the center, all were kind activists, one walked part of the day's journey with me. I also met a priest, Sheila, Nancy, and another kind woman. It was a pleasure to spend time with all of them and to share experiences! Thank you all for your hearts and actions on behalf of the cause and for listening to Kerry's situation. You are doing good work, it does make a difference. May the cosmos bless you all!











 



No comments:

Post a Comment