Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day Four of Journey For Freedom, October 18, 2012

Tracy Morgan's brother and sister-in-law (Tom and Christy) generously treated me to a hotel room last night, so I had time to work on my search for contacts. Thank you so much, Tom and Christy--I hope to visit with you soon. Blessings to you!

I got yesterday's photos to Control Central, and my staff (Corin, Adriel and Adam) set up day three for me. (By the way, I read Corin's explanation--cute Corin! I do freak out with phone issues. Here's a photo of what Tmobile "lent" me for $53. A replacement for my phone is coming tomorrow.)



I just got two miles in yesterday, then dealt with phone issues. Today I returned to the riverfront trail at Beach Park--I was excited when we mapped this route, to be walking along the water in hot California--but as you can see by the photos--no water! Just dryness and dust...



This is the park area, sprinklers keep things green here. Further down the trail is au naturel for the rest of the seven miles. I walked half the trail away from Beach Park, then back. I covered six miles today; in eighty-nine degrees it was just enough!












This derrick was along the route, others were across the "river" also, all pumping. I noticed homeless folks had made use of the shelter/shade of the freeway 99 overpass that the trail led me under. I also figured out how and why so many tumbleweeds had become lodged within the few shrubs and trees along the riverbed; they were utilized as walls for shelter (homes). Our nation's homeless crisis is not over; may we all keep these folks in our thoughts and prayers.








Along such a drought stricken area, among tumbleweeds, dried leaves and struggling trees, this beautiful flower was also fighting to live. The eight inch, snow white bloom survived while the plant had been nibbled on from all directions. Beauty can survive even in harsh circumstances. Kerry Lyn and the 19 women on the Row struggle to find beauty in each day, too. Kerry, her smile, and embrace were the beauty I needed to set me on my journey.
Please remember the real issues--Let the small things go. Remember without the right to life, there are no human rights.

Show your own beauty each day.

Peace,

Torrie

No comments:

Post a Comment