Friday, October 19, 2012

More on Day Four...

I went ahead and visited the Bakersfield Californian's office, I thought I may as well give them one more opportunity to hear about Kerry Lyn and why they should vote yes on 34. Brenda, at the front desk, was a delightful person, compassionate, concerned, and personally familiar with the issue. She gladly took my information and enthusiastically proceeded to find a reporter to follow up (I never heard from anyone). She sent me to a local channel, 17, to bring the story there. I was treated well there, also, they worked to make The Journey fit into local news--but it didn't cut it.

I need to speak to local groups for the press to be able to run the story.

Please keep thinking of who you may know in the LA and San Diego areas, we are busy contacting all sorts of groups; faiths, activists, law, justice, women's groups...please pass along any ideas/contacts. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment