Saturday, October 27, 2012

Day Thirteen of Journey for Freedom, October 27th, 2012

This will be short and sweet, because I am in pain...thought I'd be used to this, but oh well, it's not as bad as childbirth! We have changed the goal from 200 miles to 175, at least that coordinates with the number 17.5 that we are working with. Between technical difficulties and weather, adjusting is wise.

I should be able to make all the miles with the route to the courthouse, starting from Center City Parkway and Second and continuing to downtown San Diego; that will get me at least 34 miles (I covered eight of those today). Tomorrow I will be restarting in Carmel Mountain, where I left off this evening.

Remember to vote YES on Prop 34, to replace the Death Penalty with a Safe Alternative. The system is broken--let's begin reform from the top, let's work together for a better world with peace for all. 

Bless your night, from all of us.





A massive cactus at Todd's place
A friendly face along the way

Walking alongside highway 15

Trail goes under the freeway


Lake Hodges wasn't there...

Footbridge across 'lake'


Shady part of trail




















No comments:

Post a Comment